Charlotte County dog parks offer over one acre of fenced-in land where your K-9 friend can behave like an animal! There are dog friendly water stations, bag stations and trash cans for your depositing convenience and small fenced-in area as an alternate for small dogs. The following dog parks were created as a place for people to enjoy their dogs, off-leash:
- Hounds on Henry Street, 557 W. Henry St. Punta Gorda
- Edgewater Paw Park, 22410 Glass Lane, Charlotte Harbor
- Ann Dever Regional Paw Park, 6791 San Casa Drive, Englewood
City Dog-Friendly Parks (leashed and on sidewalks)
- Gilchrist Park, 400 W. Retta Esplanade, Punta Gorda
- Laishley Park, 100 Nesbit St., Punta Gorda
- Nature Park, 1623 Aqui Esta Dr., Punta Gorda
- Ann Dever Regional Park, 6791 San Casa Drive, Englewood
- Bayshore Live Oak Park , 23157 Bayshore Road, Port Charlotte
- Cape Haze Pioneer Trail Park, 1688 Gasparilla Road, Rotonda
- Harbour Heights Park , 27420 Voyageur Drive, Punta Gorda
- Kiwanis Park , 501 Donora Street, Port Charlotte
- North Charlotte Regional Park, 1185 O’Donnell Boulevard, Port Charlotte
- Ollie’s Pond Park, 18235 Avon Avenue, Port Charlotte
- Port Charlotte Beach Park, 4500 Harbor Boulevard, Port Charlotte
- Randy Spence Park 4333 Kerrigan Circle, Port Charlotte
- Other linear and harbor parks in Punta Gorda, and in front of IMPA. Note: Dogs are not allowed at Ponce De Leon Park and are not permitted on beaches or fishing piers per County Ordinance
Friendly Reminders-These are some of the rules dog owners are asked to follow when visiting pet-friendly parks:
- Owners are expected to know the temperament of their dog and are ultimately responsible for the actions of their dog, at all times, while inside the park
- Dog owners are responsible for the cleaning and removal of their dog’s feces.
- Dogs may not be left unattended at any time.
- No more than two dogs per one person on any one visit.
- Dogs must wear a collar with a current license attached.
- Dogs must be current on rabies vaccines.
- Dogs 4 months of age or under are prohibited.
- Owners should fill any holes their dog digs.
And after you have played, here are some pet-friendly restaurants to bring your Pup, that have outdoor seating areas:
- Fat Point Brewery, Punta Gorda
- Cedar Reef Fish Camp, Venice
- Laishley Crab House, Punta Gorda
- Hurricane Charley’s, Punta Gorda
- Lock and Key Restaurant, Englewood
- Harpoon Harry’s, Punta Gorda
- 3rd Street Cafe, Boca Grande
- White Elephant Pub, Englewood
- Barbarinos Pizzeria, Englewood
- Jack’s on Marion, Punta Gorda
- Peace River Seafood, Punta Gorda
- Wally’s Southern BBQ, Pt. Charlotte