Charlotte County dog parks offer over one acre of fenced-in land where your K-9 friend can behave like an animal! There are dog friendly water stations, bag stations and trash cans for your depositing convenience and small fenced-in area as an alternate for small dogs. The following dog parks were created as a place for people to enjoy their dogs, off-leash:
- Hounds on Henry Street, 557 W. Henry St. Punta Gorda
- Edgewater Paw Park, 22410 Glass Lane, Charlotte Harbor
- Ann Dever Regional Paw Park, 6791 San Casa Drive, Englewood
City Dog-Friendly Parks (leashed and on sidewalks)
- Gilchrist Park, 400 W. Retta Esplanade, Punta Gorda
- Laishley Park, 100 Nesbit St., Punta Gorda
- Nature Park, 1623 Aqui Esta Dr., Punta Gorda
Ann Dever Regional Park, 6791 San Casa Drive, Englewood
Bayshore Live Oak Park , 23157 Bayshore Road, Port Charlotte
Cape Haze Pioneer Trail Park, 1688 Gasparilla Road, Rotonda
Harbour Heights Park , 27420 Voyageur Drive, Punta Gorda
Kiwanis Park , 501 Donora Street, Port Charlotte
North Charlotte Regional Park, 1185 O’Donnell Boulevard, Port Charlotte
Ollie’s Pond Park, 18235 Avon Avenue, Port Charlotte
Port Charlotte Beach Park, 4500 Harbor Boulevard, Port Charlotte
Randy Spence Park 4333 Kerrigan Circle, Port Charlotte
- Other linear and harbor parks in Punta Gorda, and in front of IMPA. Note: Dogs are not allowed at Ponce De Leon Park and are not permitted on beaches or fishing piers per County Ordinance
Friendly Reminders-These are some of the rules dog owners are asked to follow when visiting pet-friendly parks:
- Owners are expected to know the temperament of their dog and are ultimately responsible for the actions of their dog, at all times, while inside the park
- Dog owners are responsible for the cleaning and removal of their dog’s feces.
- Dogs may not be left unattended at any time.
- No more than two dogs per one person on any one visit.
- Dogs must wear a collar with a current license attached.
- Dogs must be current on rabies vaccines.
- Dogs 4 months of age or under are prohibited.
- Owners should fill any holes their dog digs.
And after you have played, here are some pet-friendly restaurants to bring your Pup, that have outdoor seating areas:
- Fat Point Brewery, Punta Gorda
- Cedar Reef Fish Camp, Venice
- Laishley Crab House, Punta Gorda
- Hurricane Charley’s, Punta Gorda
- Lock and Key Restaurant, Englewood
- Harpoon Harry’s, Punta Gorda
- 3rd Street Cafe, Boca Grande
- White Elephant Pub, Englewood
- Barbarinos Pizzeria, Englewood
- Jack’s on Marion, Punta Gorda
- Peace River Seafood, Punta Gorda
- Wally’s Southern BBQ, Pt. Charlotte